All-Star Softball Classic for Homeless Youth
On June 15, Jay Buhner, Edgar Martinez and Dan Wilson headed back to Safeco Field. SuperSonic Gary Payton, Seahawks wide receiver Golden Tate, Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament and other big names joined them. United Way’s All-Star Softball Classic for Homeless Youth made history on June 15 by bringing thousands of people together to end youth homelessness.
Congrats to Team Dan, who won 18-17! In addition to the nail-biter six-inning game, there were giveaways, live player interviews, a silent auction and videos from youth, plus a live concert with The Young Evils immediately following the game.
The biggest stat of the day? The event raised $1.2 million for homeless youth. Thank you for your fantastic support!
- KOMO 4 and United Way talk All-Star Softball Classic pre-game
- Make a donation to fund more safe shelter for youth.
- Download a commemorative game day program.
- Learn what we're doing about youth homelessness.
- Check out media coverage of the game.
Thank you to our generous event sponsors: