Becoming a United Way of King County Grantee
United Way of King County operates on a July 1 through June 30 fiscal year. We periodically solicit applications for funding. Our funding priorities are spelled out in the United Way of King County Impact Plan, and the Strategy and Investment Plans for each impact area. Copies of these plans are on our website (and in e-C Impact for current grantees). Outcomes are open competitively when we are seeking to expand the breadth of applicants beyond those grantees currently funded in those specific outcomes. This allows us to make decisions about funding to address disparities in need and funding. These disparities could be based on demographic factors or geographic factors.
United Way General Funding Requirements
To be eligible for funding by United Way of King County, agencies must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Agency is an IRS certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Agency does not engage in discrimination based on age, gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, religion or presence of a disability in the delivery of services
- Agency will comply with all United Way contractual obligations including: outcome and client demographic reporting, submission of annual audit or financial review, have an up-to-date listing with the 2-1-1 system and any other requirements that are identified
- Agency is willing to certify compliance with Patriot Act requirements
New to United Way of King County?
Complete an Agency Introduction Form to introduce your agency to us. The purpose of the form is to introduce new agencies to United Way of King County, to let us know how your agency's work aligns with our goals, and to express an interest in partnering with us as a grantee. Just download the form, complete it and email it back to us. All the instructions are on the form.
Download Agency Introduction Form
Sign up to receive an e-mail when opportunities become available to apply for funding from United Way of King County.
- United Way of King County Impact Plan
- Basic Needs Strategy & Investment Plan
- Early Learning Strategy & Investment Plan
- Ending Homelessness Strategy & Investment Plan
- Strengthening our Community Strategy & Investment Plan
- New Solutions Strategy & Investment Plan
- Strengthening Volunteerism Strategy & Investment Plan
- Public Policy Strategy & Investment Plan
- Racial Equity Strategy & Investment Plan
For information on all of United Way's funding priorities, please review the Impact Plan.