Becoming a United Way of King County Grantee
United Way of King County operates on a July 1 through June 30 fiscal year.
We have released our fiscal year 2016 Strategy and Investment Plan. The Plan outlines the strategies, goals and investments United Way intends to make in fiscal year 2016 (July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016), and includes information on application processes in January 2015.
We periodically solicit applications for funding. Funding is open competitively when we are seeking to expand the breadth of applicants beyond those grantees currently funded in those specific outcomes. This allows us to make decisions about funding to address demographic or geographic disparities in need and funding and to improve our impact.
United Way General Funding Requirements
To be eligible for funding by United Way of King County, agencies must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Agency is an IRS certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Agency provides health or human services in King County, Washington, USA
- Agency does not engage in discrimination based on age, gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, religion or presence of a disability in the delivery of services
- Agency will comply with all United Way contractual obligations including: outcome and client demographic reporting, submission of our grantee financial reporting requirements, have an up-to-date listing with the 2-1-1 system and any other requirements that are identified
- Agency is willing to certify compliance with Patriot Act requirements
New to United Way of King County?
Complete an Agency Introduction Form to introduce your agency to us. The purpose of the form is to introduce new agencies to United Way of King County, to let us know how your agency's work aligns with our goals, and to express an interest in partnering with us as a grantee. Just download the form, complete it and email it back to us. All the instructions are on the form.
Download Agency Introduction Form
Sign up to receive an e-mail when opportunities become available to apply for funding from United Way of King County.