START/END DATE: 2/15/2022 - 6/17/2022
- Start Date: February 15th, 2022
- End Date: June 17th, 2022 – Flexible End Date for Service Hour Completion
- Hours: Average of 5.5 service hours per week to meet total 100 hour service requirement
The Benefits Hub Student Ambassador is a leadership project that offers students an opportunity to represent and promote the Benefits Hub to all students, staff, and faculty members. Through peer-to-peer outreach Benefits Hub Student Ambassadors will be able to help educate the campus community regarding food access and basic needs resources that are available to students. Student Ambassadors will conduct campus outreach to engage more students with the Benefits Hub, and hone personal and professional skills. The Benefits Hub Student Ambassador will serve in a variety of capacities and participate in training opportunities unique to their college setting.
Benefits Hub as Student Ambassadors. Upon hire, Student Ambassadors will work an average of 5.5 hours per week until the end of the school year. The Student Ambassadors will be supervised by a representative from the Benefits Hub. The Student Ambassadors will work to increase outreach for Benefits Hub services and support campus food security. This position will work remotely until campus is safe to operate in person.
The Benefits Hub Student Ambassadors will participate in the following service areas:
- Helps combat campus food and basic needs insecurities through increasing awareness of the Benefits Hub by conducting various outreach activities (create social media content, flyers, etc.)
- Deliver presentations about the Benefits Hub and food access resources at the beginning of classes
- Increase student access to immediate food assistance
- Support the campus food pantry through outreach and engagement activities
- Prepare and package food from the campus food pantry to be given to students or for DoorDash delivery
- Network with external organizations to acquire food donations
- Increase student access to long term food assistance by increasing awareness and enrollments in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)Create outreach materials (flyers, pamphlets, social media posts, etc.) to raise awareness about SNAP
- Use pre-screening tools to screen students for their eligibility with public benefits such as SNAP and other income supports
- Schedule student appointments
- Provide peer-advising services to students
- Be available to host drop-in hours or Q&A sessions to inform students of the resources that are available
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits Hub Student Ambassadors must maintain a caring, service-oriented attitude with respect to the college and project objectives. This attitude is represented in a willingness to attend all project training sessions and serve in capacities deemed appropriate by the project supervisor.
Continued academic progress toward each student’s goal is central to the philosophy of the Student Ambassador program. Students are encouraged to apply only if they believe the program and service commitment will enhance their educational and professional goals without hindering academic progress.
To be eligible for the Student Ambassador program, students must:
- Be currently enrolled as a student for the 2020-2021 academic year at
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Have excellent communication and listening skills
- Be able to work 8-10 hours per week
- Have experience with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Be able to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of confidential student information
Additionally, this is an AmeriCorps position and therefore students must meet the federal AmeriCorps guidelines:
- Be at least 17 years of age at the commencement of service; or under special circumstances be an out-of-school youth 16 years of age at the commencement of service
- Have a high school diploma or GED or agree to obtain prior to using the education award; or under special circumstances obtain a waiver
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the U.S. · satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check eligibility criteria
If selected, AmeriCorps members must provide proof of age and citizenship, including government issued photo identification. AmeriCorps positions are contingent on satisfactory results of such criminal history checks.
What are the Benefits of an Ambassador Project?
- Build trust. Ambassadors add a layer of authenticity to the Benefits Hub. While staff and AmeriCorps members are seen as authority figures, students can see Ambassadors as peers and equals. Students may feel more comfortable asking Ambassadors questions about basic needs resources.
- Gain leadership experience. Being a Student Ambassador offers students a chance to grow their leadership and communication skills and inspire other students to take advantage of the resources that are available to them.
- Job diversity. Benefits Hub Student Ambassadors will hold a diverse range of diverse jobs and responsibilities. Ambassadors will be able to build a fantastic professional network as they have the opportunity to work with campus staff/faculty as well as external professionals from a variety of industries (i.e. United Way).
- In addition to these benefits, Student Ambassadors can expect:
- Leadership and professional development opportunity
- Flexible work schedule and ability to set own schedule
- Pathway for future employment on and off campus
- Resume, cover letter, interview support
- Priority selection for future benefits hub positions
- Part of a network of hundreds of AmeriCorps alum
- Opportunity to support fellow students
- Builds networking skills and connections on campus
- AmeriCorps Stipend: $220 Bi-weekly Stipend (pre-tax)
- Education Award: $458
- Transportation Support: Unlimited ORCA Lift bus pass and/or campus parking pass
- Professional Development: $100 Stipend
To Apply: Create an application on My AmeriCorps Portal or click here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=108821
- No resume or cover letter is required.
- The application process moves quickly, please expect a response within 1-2 days.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions.