START/END DATE: 6/5/2023 - 6/4/2024
**UWKC AmeriCorps members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first day of service.** Work with our stability support team to resolve all complications and challenges for our community and property partners. Our dynamic ticket-based system provides a productive and communicative atmosphere which VISTA will utilize and help Housing Connector with efficient, high quality resolutions. VISTA will provide a VIP experience for our partners. Supports our community partners in working at their best with housing navigation for the most vulnerable, low income households in their housing journey. In addition, this role increases the support and confidence of our property partners in their resilience and confidence in providing housing for vulnerable populations, many who are living on a low income – resource limited budget.
MEMBER ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage in regular strategy workshops and brainstorming activities designed to drive ongoing innovation.
- Resolve financial and behavioral tickets from property partners, enabling housing connector residents to remain stably housed.
- Work with HC community and property partners to resolve the financial needs of residents.
- Provide ongoing feedback on trends in payment requests from high-density properties.
- Help capture the work of on-site stability staff for our Community Connector pilot program.
- Enact engagement strategy to support our community partners with timely prompts to stabilize Housing Connector residents.
- Provide case managers with community partners with information and local resources to help stabilize housing for their client.
Position Length: 12 months
Benefits & Compensation:
- Bi-weekly stipend of $1027.88 (pre-tax)
- $6,895 Education Award or $1,800 End of Service Stipend upon successful completion of
- Loan deferment and payment of interest accrued during service year on qualified student loans (loans must be federally-backed; personal/private loans not eligible)
- Noncompetitive eligibility for federal jobs for up to one year after completing service
- Health benefits that meet the minimum standards of ACA compliance
- Childcare assistance
- 10 days sick leave, 10 days personal leave plus 11 federal holidays
- Enrollment in an assistance program with 24-hour access to phone counseling
- Access to emergency assistance program to mitigate unforeseen financial emergencies that put your continued participation in AmeriCorps service at risk
- Monthly team meetings, high-quality training, professional development, and networking opportunities
- Lifelong friends and colleagues who are passionate about service!
Professional Development Benefits:
- Robust professional development to support your personal, professional, and service goals and growth
- Skills to be gained include but not limited to: Interpersonal and Intercultural communication, community outreach, adaptability, relationship building, conflict management, customer service, resource navigation, data entry, knowledge of WA public benefits, knowledge of inner workings of non-profits and community college systems
- Career development trainings provided by UWKC AmeriCorps team
- Previous trainings include: How to Network, Resume Workshops, Mock Interviews, How to make your LinkedIn Profile Shine
- Networking opportunities within United Way and Community Partners
As a member of this cohort, you will be supported with a robust orientation, ongoing professional development opportunities, training, check-ins, and the tools and resources you need to succeed.
What We’re Looking For:
- Hunger and poverty disproportionately affect people who identify with multiple intersections of marginality—including people that identify as Black, Native, POC, queer, trans, disabled, first generation, etc. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage those that identify with these communities to apply
- Understanding of systemic racism and commitment to anti-racist work to ensure outputs are relevant and accessible to community members
- Flexibility and quick problem-solving skills to balance the variety of service activities and any potential shift in program priorities
- Experience working on multiple projects at once and ability to self-manage
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff members, partners, and AmeriCorps members
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with team, partners, and community members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including public speaking skills
AmeriCorps Program Eligibility:
- Must be over 18 years old on the first day of service
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Unfortunately, F1 visas are not sufficient.
- Must be available 40 hours per week. Exact hours may vary by site placement, but will primarily be Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Must undergo a Washington State Patrol background check, FBI background check and National Sex Offender Registry Check, plus state of residence background check if not currently living in Washington
- High school diploma/GED
- Per United Way of King County Policy, AmeriCorps members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the first day of service. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are a selected candidate, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need information on medical or religious accommodation.
Please note that United Way of King County has moved to remote and limited in-person operations. As such, be prepared to participate in interviews remotely and to complete service responsibilities in a hybrid environment (in-person and remote) should we move forward with your candidacy. If technology presents a barrier to applying, interviewing, or accepting the position, please reach out to email@example.com for accommodations.
Additionally, per United Way and public health guidance, all AmeriCorps members must be able to transition from working hybrid to commuting to their site to serve 40 hrs. per week at any time during their service year. Service schedules will be based on your service site’s needs.
To Apply: Create an application on My AmeriCorps Portal or click here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=117158
- No resume or cover letter is required.
- The application process moves quickly, please expect a response within 1-2 days.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.