- This event has passed.
Monthly Volunteer Challenge: Support With The Census
September 2, 2020
The Census deadline is fast approaching – and was recently shortened by one month from the end of October to the end of September. Time is running out, and this is our last chance to get as many people as possible to respond to the 2020 Census! During the month of September, grab some friends and help United Way of King County with our final push to make sure that everyone who calls Washington home is represented in this important survey! In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s clear how crucial it is that we are all counted.
Important things to note about the Census:
- It determines how many representatives Washington state will have in Congress
- It dictates how funding is distributed for real things that affect our lives, like the number of teachers in our schools, the need for affordable housing in our community and the number of nurses and beds in our hospitals
- It determines the availability of benefits, like food stamps!
- It’s really really important – and fast! – to complete. Just go online to www.2020census.gov
- Census data is protected by VERY strong confidentiality laws, the data is never shared, and there is no citizenship question.
Help us spread the word to our neighbors in King County to fill out the Census before the deadline!
By signing up for this project you are agreeing to help with Census outreach in one or more of these ways:
- Social Media Campaign: Use your social media to urge your community to fill out the Census.
- Neighborhood Outreach: Promote the Census on foot in the neighborhood where you live or work. Distribute flyers and outreach materials provided by United Way to local businesses, bulletin boards, etc.
Join us virtually on September 2nd from 5:30-6:30 PM to kick off the project and learn more about the importance of the Census.
Didn’t make the call? No worries! You can watch the recording here at any time and get all the info you need.
This opportunity is for young professionals as part of the Emerging Leaders 365 program.