We believe in collective action and putting people first. Having staff, volunteers and supportive community members who represent diverse backgrounds and experiences results in better service to our communities. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment where everyone can be their true and authentic selves.
We particularly encourage Black and Indigenous people, and other People of Color, members of the LGBTQIA communities and people with lived experience to apply and join our team. We look forward to your application!
Are you interested in positions with AmeriCorp? Check out the AmeriCorps page!
Director of Racial Equity Strategies“
I am passionate about racial justice and excited to be part of an organization that is committed to reexamining and reimagining our work so that we can create equitable systems for all to thrive.”
Social Media Strategist“
In a world where many people connect on social media, it’s rewarding to know that I can make an impact by bringing awareness to services and resources that United Way of King County has to offer the community.”
Qurat Ul Ain
One of the things that inspires me about my work at United Way is how we’re bringing communities together. Our work is made possible because of the partners who believe in us and rally behind our work. The authenticity, passion and commitment of those who join with United Way makes my job truly meaningful.”
Business Data Analyst“
Working at United Way is an opportunity to add my skills to those of my passionate, brilliant colleagues committed to making a difference.”
Committed to Racial Equity
Because of structural and systemic racism, we must face these root causes and racist systems that created these disparities head on. This work is a big part of every team member’s role at United Way, and a variety of internal and external committees and working groups have been created with the goal of having a place for every employee to contribute to this work. Learn more about our racial equity work.
Benefits and information for full-time employees
- Salaries based on merit and performance
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and employee assistance services
- Annual accrual of 20 days paid time off
- 10 paid scheduled holidays
- 1 floating holiday and 1 discretionary day
- Catastrophic leave
- Subsidized Orca Card Transit pass
- Flex bus passes and access to a flex car
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Defined Contribution 403(b) savings plan and discretionary employer contribution
Benefits and compensation information for AmeriCorps members
- Paid via monthly stipend, issued bi-weekly*
- Education Award or Completion Cash Stiped upon successful completion of service*
- Loan deferment and payment of interest accrued during service year on qualified student loans.
- Noncompetitive eligibility for federal jobs for up to one year after completing service.
- Health insurance that meets the minimum standards of ACA compliance.
- Unlimited free public transportation (ORCA Card)
- Childcare assistance
- 10 days sick leave, 10 days personal leave, 9 federal holidays
- Enrollment in a Member Assistance Program with 24-hour access to counseling and mental health resources
* Review individual job listings for specific amounts per position.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service. We welcome the unique skills of AmeriCorps, PeaceCorps and other national service alumni.
In support of a safe work environment and to supplement our existing communicable disease policy, United Way of King County requires all staff members to receive a COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation is granted for health or religious reasons.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Research shows that women and members of structurally marginalized groups often only apply if they have met all of the qualifications of the job, but in our experience, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. United Way encourages you to apply if you’re interested! We look forward to your application.
Please reach out to HR@uwkc.org with any questions or if you want to learn more.