We Believe in Collective Action and Putting People First.
We believe in collective action and putting people first. Having staff, volunteers, and supportive community members who represent diverse backgrounds and experiences results in better service to our communities. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment where everyone can be their true and authentic selves.
We particularly encourage Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ communities, and people with lived experience to apply and join our team. We look forward to your application!
Human Resources Manager“
I chose to work at UWKC because of what UWKC does for the community. Our HR vision has always been centered around people first. Under the leadership of a woman of color with a lens to equity, a diverse team, we review, edit, and change initiatives that directly impact employee’s experience at UWKC with a goal to change systemic racism to eliminate barriers for people who have been disadvantaged historically.”
Executive Assistant, OOP“
United Way is where I can show up authentically. I feel proud to be part of a team that challenges systemic racism and cultivates equitable outcomes for all.”
Business Data Analyst“
Working at United Way is an opportunity to add my skills to those of my passionate, brilliant colleagues committed to making a difference.”
Senior Community Impact Manager“
I really appreciate that United Way places so much value on people’s lived experience. Giving staff the freedom to work within our communities to generate real and lasting change is empowering and rewarding.”
Sr. Manager, Corporate & Government Relations“
Working at United Way of King County means I’m working in alignment with my values. I’ve learned so much about how to be a great teammate, community member and racial justice advocate. I know the friends and connections I’ve made here will last a lifetime!”
I love working for United Way because I get to work with such an amazing group of colleagues who truly care about making an impact on our community.”
Director of Racial Equity Strategies“
I am passionate about racial justice and excited to be part of an organization that is committed to reexamining and reimagining our work so that we can create equitable systems for all to thrive.”
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
32 days of paid time off (including holidays)
Subsidized full-access transit pass
403(b) retirement savings plan
Benefits and Information For Full-Time Employees:
- Medical and dental insurance is available at a low cost to employees (United Way is absorbing the costs of annual increases for 2023.)
- Employer pays vision insurance in full for employee and family.
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and day care, and supplemental insurance are available.
- Enrollment in an employee assistance program with 24-hour access to phone counseling.
- All employees will accrue paid time off (PTO) at hire with eligibility to use them after 90 days from date of hiring, with a minimum of 21 days for full-time employment.
- Thirteen paid holidays.
- Three floating holidays.
- Additional paid time off, including three floating holidays, days off for jury duty, bereavement, catastrophic sick leave, and health and safety leave.
- Hybrid workplace with flexible scheduling.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match.
- Subsidized full-access transit pass (Orca Card.)
- Robust professional development to support your personal, professional, service goals and growth.
Benefits and Information For AmeriCorps Members:
- Paid via monthly stipend, issued bi-weekly*.
- Education Award or end of service cash stipend upon successful completion of service*.
- Loan deferment and payment of interest accrued during service year on qualified student loans.
- Noncompetitive eligibility for federal jobs for up to one year after completing service.
- Health insurance that meets the minimum standards of ACA compliance.
- Unlimited free public transportation (ORCA Card).
- Childcare assistance.
- 10 days sick leave, 10 days personal leave, 9 federal holidays.
- Enrollment in a Member Assistance Program with 24-hour access to counseling and mental health resources.
* Review individual job listings for specific amounts per position.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service. We welcome the unique skills of AmeriCorps, PeaceCorps, and other national service alumni.
Committed to Racial Equity
Because of structural and systemic racism, we must face the root causes and racist systems that created these disparities head-on. This work is a big part of every team member’s role at United Way, and a variety of internal and external committees and working groups have been created with the goal of having a place for every employee to contribute to this work.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Research shows that women and members of structurally marginalized groups often only apply if they have met all of the qualifications of the job, but in our experience, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. United Way encourages you to apply if you’re interested! We look forward to your application.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you want to learn more.