Change Starts With You
By giving $100 a month or more for a year, Change Makers invest to make a difference and improve our community for everyone.
Your dollars will support local, evidence-based programs that fight homelessness, help students graduate, and ensure families are financially stable in King County.
For information on how to give during a workplace giving campaign please contact email@example.com.
The Difference $1,200 Can Make in a Year
Get one family permanently off the streets.
Enable 10 youth to take GED tests necessary to finish their high school education.
Provide after-school meals for 40 kids whose families are struggling to make ends meet.
Change Makers Benefits Include:
- Volunteering: Several intimate, family-friendly volunteer opportunities will allow Change Makers to work directly with others in the community to give back and make a hands-on difference.
- Learning: Throughout the year, get access to exclusive deep-dive educational sessions led by local experts and thought leaders to learn more about the issues affecting our community.
- Connecting: Meet and socialize with people like you—people wanting to make a difference—at several social events held during the year.
- Exclusive Opportunities: From a VIP reception at our signature event, Eat, Drink & Be Generous, to a unique Day of Caring opportunity with other Change Makers, there will be several opportunities available to just Change Makers.
- Coming Together: A family-friendly event with the Seattle Mariners at T-Mobile Park will bring all of us Change Makers together in the summer of 2020 to celebrate.
- Staying Informed: Every other month, you’ll get a newsletter with updates on how your dollars are making a difference, plus information on upcoming volunteer opportunities and events.
“I know that by being a Change Maker I’m supporting a variety of efforts to improve our community and fight the impacts of poverty.”
—ROBBY | DATA ANALYST
Eat, Drink & Be Generous
Good food, good company and giving to a great cause. Blending entertainment and fundraising for a cause, the night will feature food from Executive Chef Tom Douglas and entertainment by local artists and musicians. For more information view the event page.
Become a Change Maker Today
By giving $100 a month or more for a year, you’ll be a part of the change our community needs.
What Does It Take to Join Change Makers?
Wanting to make a difference and improve our community for everyone, profoundly changing lives here in Seattle and King County, is the “seed”. There are two ways to make that seed grow:
What Are the Benefits of Joining?
Besides knowing you’re making a difference in our community, you’ll also enjoy a full year of benefits like:
- Several intimate volunteer opportunities will allow you to give back by working directly with others in the community at exclusive volunteer opportunities with other Change Makers.
- Learn about the issues you care about at exclusive deep-dive educational sessions led by local experts and thought leaders.
- Meet, socialize and connect with people like you—people making a difference—at several social events held during the year.
- Change Maker-only events and opportunities like a VIP reception at our signature event, Eat, Drink & Be Generous, to a unique Day of Caring opportunity.
- Access to the exclusive, family-friendly Change Maker event with the Mariners in Summer 2020.
- Staying informed through newsletters every other month that include updates on how your dollars are making a difference in our community plus news about upcoming volunteer opportunities and events.
Where Does the $1,200 Go? Am I Paying for these Benefits and Events?
Every dollar you give goes directly to building a community where people have homes, students graduate and families are financially stable. Change Maker benefits and events are covered by our generous corporate sponsors.
Once I Join, How Long Am I Part of Change Makers?
You are a part of Change Makers for one full year from the date that you make your gift. For example, if you make a gift of $1,200 to United Way on Sept. 1, 2019, you are part of Change Makers until Sept. 1, 2020.
I Gave Last Year, Does That Count?
Change Makers started July 2019. If you give a gift any time after that, you’ll be recognized as a Change Maker for one full year from the date you give.
Made your donation before that? Thank you for giving! We’ve already put your dollars to work in the community and would love to ask you to give again so we can recognize you with all these great benefits!
Last Year I Was a Leadership Giver at the $1,000 Level—is That Different From Being a Change Maker?
Thank you for your donation last year! Your dollars have already been put to work in the community.
There is a $200 difference—or a little over $16 a month over a year—between the former Leadership Giver level and qualifying as a Change Maker donor. That additional $200 means more change in our community, which is great!
In addition to more change in the community, an annual gift of $1,200 qualifies you as a Change Maker, which comes with a host of educational, volunteer, social and event opportunities that are only available to Change Makers—all things that weren’t available as a Leadership Giver. Now is your chance to give and become a Change Maker.
If I Give, Is My Spouse Included?
Yes! You’ll both be recognized as Change Makers and have access to the full range of benefits.
My Company Matches My Donations—How Does That Work?
We love that your company matches donations, effectively doubling the impact of your gift. At this time, we’re not currently set up to recognize matched donations from the workplace, though we’re actively looking to change the way we recognize those gifts.
I Made a Gift and I Haven’t Heard Anything About Change Makers. Did I miss something?
We apologize. Sometimes our data processing lags a bit, but don’t worry—we’ll get it straightened out as soon as we can. In the meantime, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.