Community Resources

The strength and resilience our community has shown during the COVID-19 crisis has been phenomenal. And we want it to keep going.

As we rebuild and recover from the pandemic’s health, economic, and social aftereffects, on this page you’ll find everything from rental assistance and food resources to financial, tax, student services, and more.

Don’t find what you’re looking for here? Please call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 877-211-9274. You can also search the 2-1-1 online database.

Si no encuentra lo que necesita aquí, llame al 2-1-1 o envíe un mensaje de texto con su código postal al 877-211-9274. También puede buscar en la base de datos en línea.

Rental Assistance

Eviction Assistance:

Food Resources

Enabling dignified and equitable access to culturally specific, emergency food is one of our priorities at United Way. Through strong community partnerships, we’re working to fight childhood hunger, hunger in BIPOC communities and change the way the emergency food system operates with programs like our Home Grocery Delivery Program.

United Way of King County has also partnered with Public Health—Seattle & King County and community-based organizations to support the distribution of culturally appropriate food across our region to neighbors in need:

COVID Information

Health and Wellness Services

  • Disaster Distress Helpline: This 24/7/365 service from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration provides crisis counseling for people going through both natural and human-caused disasters. It’s free, multi-lingual and confidential. Get started by calling 1-800-985-5990 or texting “TalkWithUs” to 66746.
  • LGBTQ Support: The Trevor Project launched TrevorSpace, a safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth. And if they feel hopeless, alone or have thoughts of suicide, please have them call the crisis hotline 24/7 at 1-866-488-7386. They can also connect with trained counselors every day, 24/7, by texting “678-678” or via chat at
  • TeenLink: This Washington-based service is staffed by teen volunteers who receive 60 hours of training and often have experienced mental health issues themselves. The peer-to-peer connections make young people feel more comfortable sharing their concerns. The service can connect teens to local resources as well. Call 1-866-TEENLINK (833-6546) to talk by phone from 6–10 p.m. nightly or text from 6–9:30 p.m. every night. You can also call, chat or text to connect with an adult substance use specialist from 1–10 p.m. daily, visit the TeenLink website or you can call 866.4CRISIS.
  • Food Research & Action Center: Released a new advocacy tool to help maximize access for WIC (Women, Infants and Children) food benefits, nutrition and breastfeeding support, and referrals to services.
  • Coping with stress:
  • Community Health Access Program: Access to ORCA LIFT, basic food, energy assistance, and breast, cervical, and colon health programs. Call 1-800-756-5437.
  • The Office of Insurance Commissioner will waive copays/deductibles for those who meet the CDC requirement for COVID-19 PCR (polymerase chain reaction) testing. Insurance must allow a one-time 30-day “early refill” for prescription drugs as per the Office of Insurance Commissioner.
  • WithinReach has adapted and is responding in a way that both prioritizes health and safety, assisting in applying for health insurance, SNAP, ORCA LIFT or to learn more about WIC benefits.
    • Leave your name and number on their Help Me Grow Washington Hotline at 1-800-322-2588. They’ll call you back within the same day. Hotline hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
    • Contact through the online form at
  • Hopelink: Contact at 425-869-6000.
  • Transportation DART services provided by Hopelink are operational and will continue to follow Metro safety guidelines. Non-emergency medical transportation services coordinated by Hopelink for Medicaid recipients in King and Snohomish counties are operational.
  • Healthcare Access for undocumented folks in the time of COVID-19, including a list of free and charitable clinics throughout the state of Washington.
  • Alien Emergency Medical Coverage Expansion Guide: (AEM) clients can access care within the provider’s office setting (outside of the emergency department, inpatient and other outpatient settings) to diagnose and treat COVID-19.
  • The King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Protection Order Advocacy Program (POAP) is committed to supporting domestic violence victims who are seeking a Domestic Violence Protection Order. Advocacy services and access to the courts can now be done by email and telephone in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. All petitioners interested in filing for a Domestic Violence Protection Order can call or email the POAP offices:
  • Alcoholic Anonymous meeting schedule

Public Benefits

Financial Services

  • Financial Coaching Informational Resource Guide: budgeting, managing debt, understanding credit, savings and more!
  • How to access COVID-19 emergency loans and work with credit unions.
  • COVID-19 and paid leave: Get help sorting through the emergency federal paid leave provisions and how they line up with Washington state’s Paid Sick Leave and Paid Family & Medical Leave Law to cover a variety of coronavirus scenarios.
  • Paid Family & Medical Leave updates: PFML is likely available to workers if they or a family member become seriously ill with COVID-19. Meanwhile, people continue to have babies and face other health challenges.
  • DSHS’s Community Services Division will begin administering a Disaster Cash Assistance Program (DCAP). The DCAP is available for one month, in a 12-month period, to all Washington families and people without children, who meet income and resource rules and who are not eligible other cash programs, such as:
    • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
    • Aged, Blind or Disabled (ABD) cash
    • Pregnant Women Assistance (PWA)
    • Unemployment Compensation, or
    • Paid Family & Medical Leave through ESD or their employer.

Student Services

Child Care

  • Child Care Aware of Washington: Can search its database online or call its Family Center Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., at 1-800-446-1114.
  • Existing Child Care Centers: Existing child care centers around the state are offering drop-in care for their open spots. 
  • WEEKDAYS helps pair vetted, in-home child care providers with nearby families. They are working with providers, such as parents, educators, and nannies, to set up “home pods” of three or fewer children. They are focused on providing care for families where the adults have to continue working. Reach WEEKDAYS by texting 425-200-5127.
  • Q&A on services for students with disabilities.
  • Child Care Resources is working with King County to provide child care, free of charge, for essential workers who live or work in the county. The funding will pay for a slot at select child care providers across the county through at least June. Additional information and instructions on how to apply can be found here in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog and Vietnamese. Email if you need this flyer in additional languages or have any other questions.

Tax Services


  • Washington LawHelp provides resources available online and over the phone for people in need of legal assistance and information.
    • Know Your Rights: The Washington LawHelp website offers valuable information on how COVID-19 is impacting court access, health care, benefits, mortgages and more.
    • CLEAR Hotline: People outside King County can call 1-888-201-1014 to ask about a legal aid issue. Those in King County can call 2-1-1 to connect with local services.
    • Alliance for Equal Justice: Staff and volunteer attorneys throughout our statewide Alliance are providing advice and representation over the phone. See the list of directory of Alliance members to find the programs in your area.
  • Housing Justice Project can support legal services by calling 253-234-4204. Further, legal documents can be shared by sending an email with your name, your phone number, and/or any photos, scans or screenshots to
  • Columbia Legal Services has developed a coronavirus benefits information guide for people without immigration status, currently available in English and Spanish, and they are in the process of translating it into other languages.

Immigrant Services

  • Immigration-related Information: The Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs, el Comite and Northwest Immigrant Rights Project compiled this new information guide for immigrants who want to know more about how the issue of public charge might affect their ability to access healthcare and other services.
  • One America released COVID-19 resources for immigrants (recursos para immigrantes) in 23 different languages.

Want to Help Out?

Help people have immediate access to food, rental assistance, and the support they need by making a donation today.