Launch your career with service!
Join us as an AmeriCorps member to gain valuable work experience while making a big impact in the community. Whether you’re doing front-line service or building capacity you will be helping to create a racially just community where all people have homes, students graduate and families are financially stable. After serving as an AmeriCorps member, you’ll have real world experience to help land your next job, an expanded network of connections and the knowledge that you helped your community.
Benefits of Service
- A bi-weekly living stipend provided
- Generous education award that can be used to repay qualified student loans and current educational expenses
- Unlimited public transportation (ORCA) pass
- Health insurance
- Loan deferment
- Childcare assistance for qualified positions
- Access to a national network of more than a million AmeriCorps members and alumni
- Unparalleled professional experience and opportunities
Interested in AmeriCorps and have more questions? Fill out our interest form!
AmeriCorps Service Opportunities
The Silent Task Force HungerCorps Member
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: The Silent Task Force main function is to engage, educate and provide resources/services to our community. We are a black women lead organization located in Skyway WA, serving Seattle, King County and South King County. Our goal is to… Read More
Highline Public Schools/Nutrition Services HungerCorps Member
Highline Public Schools/Nutrition Services Overview: Highline Public School’s Nutrition Services operates the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) under the USDA National School Lunch (NSLP) and School Breakfast (SBP) Programs, as well as Afterschool Meals, Afterschool Snacks, Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP), and Summer Meals. Read More
YMCA of Greater Seattle HungerCorps Member
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: The YMCA of Greater Seattle operates many programs across King County and South Snohomish County to provide additional resources and opportunities for families to gain access to food. We support free meal programs all year round, including community meals, backpack programs, Y… Read More
Benefits Hub Coach
Notice to Applicants: Please note that United Way of King County has moved to remote and limited in-person operations. As such, be prepared to participate in interviews remotely and to complete service responsibilities in a hybrid environment (in-person and remote) should we move forward with your candidacy. If technology presents… Read More
There are all different types of roles for AmeriCorps members—from supporting a Benefits Hub on a local community college campus, to helping people fill out their taxes as part of our Free Tax Preparation Program, to helping fight food insecurity as part of our HungerCorps team. No matter your passion and career goals, there’s a role for you.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
Understanding the Need in King County
- Record high homelessness. With more than 4,500 people unsheltered on any given night, the City of Seattle and King County declared a state of emergency in 2015.
- Kids live in poverty. 15% of all kids in King County live in poverty. The disparities are stark: 42% of African American kids and 32% of Hispanic kids live in poverty.
- Students aren’t graduating. Dropout rates are high—today in King County there are 15,000 people ages 16–21 who are struggling. They have no high school credentials and no viable job prospects.
AmeriCorps Members Are Making a Difference!
Our teams work hard—not only do they impact thousands through their work every day, but they see progress being made on big community goals.
UWKC AmeriCorps Member
“We give people and companies a way to connect to their community. People want to do good—and United Way makes it easy to do just that.”