MAKE A LASTING INVESTMENT IN OUR FUTURE
Imagine a future where ALL people have homes. Where all students have access to quality education and where all people have resources to put them on a path to financial stability.
Where all people thrive.
At United Way of King County, that’s the community we want to see. To live in. To make happen.
With Legacy Giving, you can help us realize this reality by making a lasting investment in our community’s future that’ll span generations—all while enjoying financial benefits for yourself.
Planned Gifts allow donors to:
- Leave a legacy that fits your philanthropic goals
- Make a long-term investment in our community by supporting an organization that has been serving our local community since 1921
- Help meet the needs of our most vulnerable neighbors for generations to come
- Enjoy significant income and estate tax deductions
United Way of King County’s Planned Giving Options
Bequests: Create Your Last Will & Testament, 100% Free*
One of the most powerful ways to advance King County for the common good is to include the United Way of King County in your will and leave a legacy that supports the people and causes most important to you.
To make this process easier, we’ve partnered with FreeWill to give all of our supporters the opportunity to write their legally valid wills online for free, whether or not you choose to include a gift to us. It takes less than 20 minutes to complete, and you will have a will that is valid in all 50 states.
Getting started is easier than you think. And remember, you can make changes any time, for free.
- Visit FreeWill.com/UnitedWay to start writing your will (or make a new one to update yours).
- Leave a lasting legacy by choosing to leave a gift to United Way of King County (or any other charity of your choice) by using the drop-down menu.
- Sign your will with two witnesses and you’re all set!
- You can also use the tool to document your wishes and find an attorney near you if you’d prefer.
Reduce Your Taxes by Making a Qualified Charitable Distribution Gift*
If you are at least 70.5 years old and have a Traditional IRA, then you’re eligible to make a tax-free donation to United Way of King County directly from your IRA, also known as a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD).
The year you turn 72, Traditional IRA holders must withdraw a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD). QCDs can help you meet your RMD and are tax-free, even if you don’t itemize deductions on your tax return.
They also lower Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), which can help you to stay in a lower tax bracket, reduce or eliminate the taxation of Social Security or other income, and remain eligible for deductions and credits that might be lost if you had to declare the RMD amount as income.
This could be your legacy
For more information on how you can make your planned gift, contact Aleen Caplan Yamasaki at email@example.com or 206-461-8330.
**The materials provided on this website are not intended as legal or tax advice. We encourage you to consult your own financial advisor to arrange a gifting plan that best suits your personal circumstances and vested interest in United Way of King County.