Day of Caring
United Way’s Day of Caring is one great day of giving back. It’s the largest day of volunteering in the state. And it’s the perfect chance to help a nonprofit in need of a few extra hands. On Sept. 20, 2013, Day of Caring volunteers took King County by storm:
- Total Day of Caring volunteers: 12,694
- Total companies represented: 135
- Total projects completed: 415
- Total hours of labor: 63,470
- Total value of work: Over $1.4 million
We have some great photos in our Day of Caring gallery. A huge thank-you to all volunteers for stepping up, team leaders for taking the reins, nonprofits for hosting teams and companies for loaning employees in support of this magnificent day of giving back. Way to give our great community your all!
- Read the full Day of Caring event recap.
- Check out our Facebook album. If you find yourself, your team or your organization, tag the photo and share your experience.
- Find all Day of Caring photos in our Flickr set.
- Missed Day of Caring? Mark your calendar for MLK Day of Service or snag a volunteer opportunity in your neighborhood.
Thank you to our Day of Caring 2013 sponsors: