We hope to see you at Day of Caring on September 18, 2015! Last year, a whopping 11,800 volunteers lent their time and energy to nonprofits all over the community as part of United Way’s Day of Caring.
A few other stellar stats from 2014:
- More than half of the volunteers came from Microsoft
- 533 projects hosted by tons of nonprofits
- 57,328 hours of work finished, valued at $1.5 million
"Wow! Thank you to the amazing @usbank #volunteers who spruced up our space today! #dayofcaringkc @UnitedWayKC" —Tweet from Queen Anne Food Bank
Enjoy helping people? Enjoyed Day of Caring? Make it a year of caring! OK, that sounds intense, but we promise it won’t be. Here are a few ways you can get your volunteering on year-round:
- Join Emerging Leaders, caring professionals in their 20s and 30s who want to network and get more involved in the community.
- Love reading and wiggly, giggly kids? Become a volunteer reader and grow a child’s love of reading and learning.
- Search by your interest, location and more to find a way to volunteer that’s tailored to you.
Thank you to every single volunteer, team leader and nonprofit who made Day of Caring happen this year. Special shoutout to Microsoft for sending thousands of volunteers. We couldn’t do it without you!
Thank you to our Day of Caring 2014 sponsors: