Sign up for Lobby Day 2016!
On behalf of United Way of King County, I’d like to invite you to join us for United Way Lobby Day, an annual event where supporters talk with legislators, encouraging them to strengthen the human services system to ensure everyone has a home, students graduate, and families are financially stable.
~ Colleen Laing, Associate Director, Planning and Public Policy at United Way.
Join us and make a difference!
United Way Lobby Day
Wednesday, February 3rd 2016 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
State Capitol, Olympia, Washington
Join us for Lobby Day!
Your Lobby Day Details:
- It’s fun, educational, and has an impact on the success of important legislation
- We provide training and all the information you need to comfortably talk with legislators
- We typically take about 24 people from King County and meet with between 25-30 legislators
- We meet with legislators in groups of 2-4 with an experienced team lead, so you will have leadership, back-up, and support
- Legislators are surprised and happy to hear from business people, community leaders, volunteers, and United Way supporters on human services issues
- Hear what elected officials have to say about their priorities and thoughts on the 2016 session (we usually have 2-4 presentations from legislators during the day)
- Meet business and community leaders from other United Ways around the state
- No need to be an ‘expert’ in any policy area – you’ll be talking about why you support United Way’s work
Your involvement in Lobby Day is key to our policy success!
To see what our advocates helped us accomplish last year, see the attached Legislative Outcomes sheet.
To register download this form and return it by Jan. 22. All pertinent details on the form.
Don’t forget to put United Way of King County Lobby Day on your calendar for Feb. 3.