Launch your career with service!
Join us as an AmeriCorps member to gain valuable work experience while making a big impact in the community. Whether you’re doing front-line service or building capacity you will be helping to create a racially just community where all people have homes, students graduate and families are financially stable. After serving as an AmeriCorps member, you’ll have real world experience to help land your next job, an expanded network of connections and the knowledge that you helped your community.
Benefits of Service
- A bi-weekly living stipend provided
- Generous education award that can be used to repay qualified student loans and current educational expenses
- Unlimited public transportation (ORCA) pass
- Health insurance
- Loan deferment
- Childcare assistance for qualified positions
- Access to a national network of more than a million AmeriCorps members and alumni
- Unparalleled professional experience and opportunities
Interested in AmeriCorps and have more questions? Fill out our interest form!
AmeriCorps Service Opportunities
Food Justice VISTA
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: **UWKC AmeriCorps members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first day of service.** United Way of King County’s vision is to build a community where people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. As part of our… Read More
Pike Market Senior Center & Food Bank HungerCorps Member
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: Pike Market Food Bank serves the vibrant communities in and around Pike Place Market in Downtown Seattle. We provide no-cost groceries in person and through home delivery services, and also offer no-cook food options for our neighbors without cooking facilities. Our HungerCorps member… Read More
United Way of King County VISTA Leader
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: **UWKC AmeriCorps members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first day of service.** United Way brings caring people together to ensure that in our community people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. United Way deploys AmeriCorps VISTA… Read More
There are all different types of roles for AmeriCorps members—from supporting a Benefits Hub on a local community college campus, to helping people fill out their taxes as part of our Free Tax Preparation Program, to helping fight food insecurity as part of our HungerCorps team. No matter your passion and career goals, there’s a role for you.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
Understanding the Need in King County
- Record high homelessness. With more than 4,500 people unsheltered on any given night, the City of Seattle and King County declared a state of emergency in 2015.
- Kids live in poverty. 15% of all kids in King County live in poverty. The disparities are stark: 42% of African American kids and 32% of Hispanic kids live in poverty.
- Students aren’t graduating. Dropout rates are high—today in King County there are 15,000 people ages 16–21 who are struggling. They have no high school credentials and no viable job prospects.
AmeriCorps Members Are Making a Difference!
Our teams work hard—not only do they impact thousands through their work every day, but they see progress being made on big community goals.
UWKC AmeriCorps Member
“We give people and companies a way to connect to their community. People want to do good—and United Way makes it easy to do just that.”