Connect for Good is an opportunity for a more in-depth volunteer experience. Participants learn from experts on the issue, roll up their sleeves, and fundraise to support effective solutions to challenges our community faces every day.
We’re looking for a group of 30 Emerging Leaders to join a grants review team to help United Way select nonprofit agency recipients for service grants. These grants will support volunteering projects on or around Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service in January 2020.
Note that this is a multiple day volunteering opportunity and participants will need to commit to the following schedule:
Wednesday 10/23 (6pm – 8:30pm)
· Introduction to United Way: Overview of Four Focus Areas
· Part 1: Grantmaking with a racial equity lens
· Part 1: Fundraising basics/ best practices
October 24- October 5 (review grants)
Wednesday 11/6 (6pm – 8:30pm)
· Part 2: Fundraising basics/ best practices
· Part 2: Grant making discussion and determination
By signing up for this project you are committing to participating during October and November (a duration of 2 weeks).
This opportunity is open to young professionals as part of our Emerging Leaders 365 program.
Pay Us What We're Worth