Resources to Support Asian, Asian American and Pacific Islander Communities
The increase in attacks on Asian, Asian American and Pacific Islander people around the country is just one of the latest manifestations of long-standing anti-Asian hate in this country. We are in solidarity with these communities and denounce all acts of hate and bias against them. We must stop Asian hate.
We have assembled a list of resource to support these communities:
Report incidents of hate and bias
- Stop AAPI Hate tracks and responds to incidents of hate, violence, harassment, discrimination, shunning, and child bullying against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States.
- Chinese Information Service Center has provided resources on how to report incidents of hate or bias in different languages.
- WA State Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs has a robust list of organizations for Asian, Asian American and Pacific Islander folks to report incidents.
Donate (many of these organizations also have volunteer opportunities)
- Asian Counseling and Referral Services promotes social justice and the well-being and empowerment of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and other underserved communities.
- Asian and Pacific Islander Americans for Civic Empowerment works to mobilize the community to support voter registration and voting to influence policy and public funding. APACE also combats racism, hate and ignorance as part of its mission.
- API-Chaya empowers survivors of gender-based violence and human trafficking to gain safety, connection and wellness.
- Khmer Community of Seattle King County nurtures the Khmer community by bridging the intergenerational gap between elders and youth through cultural preservation and promoting well-being.
- Cham Refugee Community of Seattle serves ethnic Cham populations and newly arrived refugees from East Africa, Iraq and Burma (Rohingya).
- Korean Women’s Association provides multi-cultural, multi-lingual human services, regardless of race or ethnic background, to diverse communities through education, socialization, advocacy and support.
- Interim Community Development Association advances social justice and equity for low income, Asian and Pacific Islanders, refugee and immigrant communities.
- Seattle Chinatown International District Preservation and Development Authority preserves, promotes and develops the Seattle Chinatown International District (CID) as a vibrant community and unique ethnic neighborhood.
- Chinatown-International District Coalition is a grassroots group of community organizers dedicated to fighting displacement in the CID, centering the needs of the community in development decisions, and standing in solidarity with other groups who are fighting displacement.
- Kin On supports and advocates for our Asian elders and families in the Puget Sound region by offering culturally and linguistically appropriate health, social and educational services.
- International Drop-In Center Senior and Family Services is a Filipino nonprofit organization that provides advocacy in healthcare and social services to underserved elderly, immigrant and vulnerable families.
- Seattle Mongolian Youth Center offers educational programs and partnerships that include language, art, culture, music instruction, community-based leadership, healthcare and community-building workshops.
- International Community Health Services provides culturally and linguistically appropriate health and wellness services and promotes health equity for all.
- Bhutanese Community Resource Center serves former refugees from Bhutan in Washington state.
- WAPI Community Services provides and advocates for culturally competent and age-appropriate prevention and substance abuse treatment services for Asian Pacific Islander and all under-served youth and families.
- Kandelia addresses systemic inequities so immigrant and refugee families and communities can thrive without having to compromise values, heritage or ethnicity.
- Massage Parlor Outreach Project provides outreach support for Asian immigrant massage workers in Chinatown International District.
- UTOPIA WA provide sacred spaces to strengthen the minds and bodies of QTPIs – Queer and Trans-Pacific Islanders – through community organizing, community care, civic engagement and cultural stewardship.
- Pacific Islander Community Association of Washington serves as a cultural home, centers community power and advocates to further the wellness of Pacific Islander communities in Washington state.
- Education with Purpose Foundation for Pacific Islanders develops programs and hosts events that encourage families to work together in order to help their children pursue meaningful goals and higher education with purpose.
- ACRS food bank support
- Volunteer for Helping Link, which empowers Vietnamese Americans and assists with social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency while nurturing community service and youth leaders.
- VietQ LGBTQ Vietnamese-led community organizing.
- FIGHT supports current and formerly incarcerated Asian American and Pacific Islander people.
- Support the International District Emergency Center.