Advocating for policies that improve people’s lives
United Way of King County advocates for public policies that help to improve people’s lives so that everyone living in King County has the chance to thrive. We advocate at the federal, state and local level to ensure government continues to invest in critical human services because philanthropy, faith-based communities and the private sector can’t do it alone.
While influencing legislation, programs, and funding decisions is the heart of what we do, we also facilitate conversations on how to meet community needs, create innovative public-private partnerships that deliver effective services, and educate the community about the impact of human services funding reductions.
- Read our most recent Public Policy Update
- Use these helpful policy resources
- See our 2013 state legislative victories
- Youth Homelessness
- A Peek Into Health Care Reform
- Nonprofit Resiliency in King County
- State of Health and Human Services in King County