December Monthly Volunteer Challenge: Spread Holiday Cheer at YWCA
November 17 @ 10:00 am - December 10 @ 4:00 pm
This month through December 10th, we’ll be helping decorate and make the YWCA’s womxn’s shelter festive for the holidays!
We’re be partnering with YWCA’s Angeline’s Day Center and supporting to help decorating this womxn’s shelter for the holidays. Angeline’s Day Center provides safety and support to womxn experiencing homelessness. More than 200 womxn each day access Angeline’s drop-in services, which includes meals, laundry, showers, lockers, and connections to community resources.
Here’s a chance to support our community and flex your creativity and crafty muscles. You’ll be responsible for creating 3-4 of the following festive decorations below:
- Gifts: Wrap large empty boxes in festive wrapping paper and bows
- Garlands: Decorate faux garlands with holiday-themed decorations such as ribbon, fake cranberries and pinecones, ornaments, etc.
- Snowflakes: Cut out paper snowflakes and tie to strings to hang in shelter
- Holiday plants & faux flower arrangements: Purchase either live poinsettias or faux plants at Michael’s, Joann, etc. and arrange a holiday-themed centerpiece.
Visit this link watch a 5min video to learn about:
- A quick overview of homelessness in King County
- How to get involved in this festive December Monthly Volunteer Challenge
Deliver completed decorations to Angeline’s Day Center at 2030 3rd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121 between December 1st – December 10th. Donations can be dropped off any day of the week between 10am-4pm at the front desk.