Tuesday, September 15
Make the time to learn more about an issue you care about. Here’s a curated list to start from!
Things to read:
- Learn about the history of the census.
- Read through this Anti-Racist Resource List and commit to digging into one of them today.
Things to watch:
- Check out the NY Times’s series of short films about identity in America.
- Listen in on this livestream to hear about how two local youth mentoring nonprofits have been adjusting and reacting during the pandemic.
Things to do:
- Test your hidden biases and then invite a friend to take the test too.
- Find a virtual volunteer opportunity and get a more in-depth experience with an issue.
- Share what you’ve learned from something you read or watched today with your social networks (and tag #DayofCaringKC).
- It’s not too late to start a supply drive for local nonprofits like Iraqi Community Center of WA that’s looking for food, cleaning supplies and warm clothes for children.
- Grab takeout from a local Black-owned restaurant.
Each day of caring people shared how they got involved and tagged us using #DayofCaringKC. We picked our favorite post based on creativity, passion and fun. The person selected got $100 to a BIPOC-owned restaurant and the nonprofit they tagged got a $500 mini grant!
Congrats to our Education Day winner, @meghanejonesphoto, for winning $100 to a BIPOC-owned restaurant, and to @neighborhoodhousewashington for receiving a $500 mini grant!
Thanks to our generous sponsors: