Gifts made directly to United Way of King County incur no processing fees; your dollars go directly to doing good work in the community.
Gifts designated to other nonprofits must be a minimum of $100 per agency and will incur a 10% processing fee.
Credit Card Fees
There will be no additional fee for making a donation with a credit card.
Are these fees ever waived?
- Processing fees are waived for gifts designated to any United Way located in Washington state.
- Processing fees for donors that give $10,000 or more directly to United Way of King County are waived for additional gifts designated to other nonprofits that same campaign year.
Is there a minimum gift requirement?
There is no minimum gift when you give directly to United Way of King County. For gifts designated to other nonprofits, the minimum gift is $100 per year. If a gift is designated to another nonprofit for less than $100 it will be redirected to United Way of King County.
Processing Fees Specific to Companies
- Matching gifts: The processing fee for a gift matching an employee gift designated to another nonprofit is 10% of the gift amount, with no maximum.
- Corporate gifts:
- The processing fee for a corporate gift designated to another nonprofit is 10% of the gift amount, with no maximum.
- No processing fees are charged on corporate gifts made directly to United Way of King County or any United Way in Washington state.