Nhận Hỗ Trợ Tiền Thuê Nhà

Nếu quý vị là cư dân quận King và bị ảnh hưởng về tài chính bởi dịch COVID-19 và không thể trả tiền thuê nhà, quý vị có thể đủ điều kiện được hỗ trợ tài chính.

Tiền hỗ trợ sẽ được phát trên cơ sở ai tới trước sẽ được hỗ trợ trước.

Xin vui lòng nộp đơn xin hỗ trợ sớm nhất khi có thể!

Quý vị có thể nộp đơn xin hỗ trợ nếu quý vị:

  • Sống ở quận King, tiểu bang Washington
  • Không thể trả tiền thuê nhà vì dịch COVID-19
  • Có mức thu nhập của hộ gia đình hàng tháng dưới các mức sau:
    • 1 người: dưới $3,483
    • 2 người: dưới $3,983
    • 3 người: dưới $4,479
    • 4 người:  dưới $4,975
    • 5 người:  dưới $5,375
    • 6 người:  dưới $5,775

Quý vị cũng có thể gọi 2-1-1 và đề nghị được thông dịch viên trợ giúp.

Khi quý vị gọi 211, xin bấm số 5, sau đó nhập mã zip 5 số, rồi bấm số 1.

Quý vị có thể phải chờ đợi lâu trên điện thoại. Nếu quý vị dùng đơn xin hỗ trợ trực tuyến, có khả năng sẽ nhanh hơn.

Nhân viên tổng đài 2-1-1 chỉ làm việc thứ Hai tới thứ Sáu, từ 8h sáng tới 6h chiều.

Frequently Asked Questions about this application process

Who can apply?

In order to receive a one-time grant from the program, applicants must meet the following requirements:

  • Live in King County, Washington
  • Are economically impacted by COVID-19
  • Are behind in rent
  • Have a current monthly household income below 50% of Area Median Income
    • 1 Person: up to $3,483
    • 2 Persons: up to $3,983
    • 3 Persons: up to $4,479
    • 4 Persons: up to $4,975
    • 5 Persons: up to $5,375
    • 6 Persons: up to $5,775
    • 7 Persons: up to $6,171
    • 8 Persons: up to $6,571

What documentation is necessary for the application?

Tenant Income Verification

  • A pay stub dated before AND after March 1, 2020, which shows:
    • Your Name
    • Your Employer’s Name
    • Hours and/or Amount Year to Date (YTD) or,
  • A notice of termination from your employer OR a claim for unemployment benefits dated after March 1, 2020, which shows:
    • Your name
    • Your Employer’s Name
    • Date of Termination or,
  • If you cannot provide any of the above, you must submit this Declaration of Loss of Income, which can be found here.

Landlord Verification:

  • A rental ledger that validates the current balance owed for the tenant seeking rent assistance as of April 1, 2020 and reflective of period of financial impact due to COVID-19.

Living Situation Verification:

  • A copy of the lease or month-to-month rental agreement showing current rent amount, who rent is paid to, signature(s), and where a check should be sent
  • If you cannot provide any of the above, and have an informal living arrangement in which you are making a contribution toward the rent, you must submit this Certification of Payment Obligation for Friends or Family which can be found here.

Who Should I Include in My “Household?

  • If you live alone, complete the application about yourself.
  • If you live with just your family or partner, complete the application on behalf of your whole family, or yourself and your partner.
  • If you live with roommates, complete the application about yourself, reflecting your individual needs.
  • If someone else who lives with you also needs help, they should complete their own application reflecting their individual needs.

What if I have problems uploading the documents?

You can submit the application without the required documents; but please know that this may slow down the application approval process. Once an agency reaches out to you, they will be able to help and troubleshoot with you. You can also call 2-1-1 for guidance on how to upload documents.

How much help with rent will I get?

The program will pay up to one month of rent, starting with rent that is due on April 1, 2020. The following payment standards are the upper limit of what can be issued for monthly rent amounts owed:

·       Studio $968
·       1 Bdrm $1,038
·       2 Bdrm $1,246
·       3 Bdrm $1,439
·       4 Bdrm $1,606
·       5 Bdrm $1,771

My rent is higher than the maximum amount – why can’t you pay the full amount?

The payment maximums are based on the most recent HUD rent and income limit guidelines for King County. While we recognize that the payment standards may fall below the actual rent owed, using these standards will enable assistance to a greater number of tenants and landlords seeking economic relief due to this extraordinary and unprecedented crisis.

How do I apply for assistance

The application is completed here on this site and can be completed on a computer, smart phone or tablet.

Do I need a Social Security number to be eligible to receive funds?

Social Security numbers are not required.

I need help completing the online application. What number do I call?

Call 2-1-1 or email renthelp@uwkc.org note: 2-1-1 might have longer than normal wait times due to the high volume of need at this time.

I don’t have access to a computer or smart phone. Can I still get help?

Yes. Please call 2-1-1. An agent will answer questions about the application, explain how to upload documents, connect you to an interpreter if needed, or can complete the online application with you over the phone and submit it on your behalf. Due to the high volume of need at this time, 2-1-1 might have longer than normal wait times. You may be placed on hold until an operator is free.

Is this application available in a language other than English?

We apologize, the application is only available in English right now.  If you need help completing the application, please call 2-1-1.  They can work with you and a translator over the phone to complete and submit the application for you.

Will my data be secure?

Yes. The information contained within the database will only be used for its intended purpose and will not be sold to anyone.

Will my application be shared with anyone else?

United Way of King County manages the database where all applications and documents uploaded are stored and as such, will have access to the information submitted. In addition, United Way is contracting with 2-1-1 and three nonprofit agencies: Solid Ground, The Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle, and Wellspring Family Services. The agencies are trusted organizations within our community with expertise in delivering social services and managing emergency financial assistance funds. In order to process applications and issue rent checks, the agencies will have access to the tenant application, landlord application, and uploaded documents.

We want you to be connected to the best resource for your situation. For this reason, applicants who are currently enrolled in a Rapid Rehousing program that can be assisted with a rent payment may be connected back to that program whenever possible. Households currently or formerly enrolled in the Youth and Family Homelessness Prevention Initiative may be referred back to their case manager for assistance.

What happens after my application is submitted?

After the tenant application is submitted it will be shared with and assigned to one of the following agencies: Solid Ground, The Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle, or Wellspring Family Services. A case manager from one of the agencies will review the tenant application and contact you within 5 business days to provide an update on the status of the application and gather any additional information they may need to proceed before contacting the landlord.

Does my landlord need to be involved?

Yes. An agency will need to communicate with your landlord to confirm information and/or collect documentation required to ensure the correct rent amount is paid and mailed to the right address. A check made payable to your landlord will be mailed to the landlord on your behalf within 14 days of receipt of all documentation. Your landlord will be required to sign a document indicating that you have satisfied all rental obligations for the month in which we are paying.  Once the payment is made, the agency will contact you and provide a copy of this document for your records.

Can my application be denied and how will I know?

Yes. Your application may be denied for any of the following reasons: you do not live in King County, your household income is over 50% of the Area Median Income for King County, required documentation is missing, or your request for assistance is not related to COVID-19. You will be notified by an agency via email or phone if your application is denied within two weeks of submitting the application.

When will my rent payment be made?

Before a check can be issued for rent all required documentation must be on file, including: tenant income verification, a copy of the lease, rental agreement, or informal living arrangement letter, the landlord W-9, rent ledger showing amount owed, and Landlord Agreement Letter.

Each landlord will be required to sign a letter indicating that you have fully satisfied all rental obligations for the month in which we are paying. Once the payment is made, the agency will contact you and provide a copy of this document for your records.  A check made payable to the landlord will be mailed within 14 days of receipt of all documentation.

As a landlord, am I obligated to take this payment standard?

No, but we hope you consider the offer while funds are still available. Though the payment standard may be less than what is currently received in rent, given market conditions, we believe this is a fair, just and reasonable offer, designed to help both landlords and tenants mitigate their losses during this time of communal sacrifice.

Is this rental assistance considered taxable income?

Reporting requirements and taxation for this payment may differ between individuals and their specific situations. We strongly recommend checking with a tax professional for guidance on how to report your receipt of grant funds when filing taxes.

Who is funding this effort?

This extended program of Home Base is made possible by the City of Seattle, King County, and generous donations to Seattle Foundation and United Way of King County.

What is Home Base?

Home Base is an eviction program established by United Way of King County, King County Bar Association and Seattle Mariners. Thanks to generous donations, this program has been expanded to help prevent the eviction of tenants in King County that are at risk of losing their housing due to our current public health crisis.

United Way does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.

Other help during the COVID-19 crisis:

  • Governor Inslee has put a temporary statewide ban on evictions. Learn more here on how to talk to your landlord during this time.
  • Whether you’re unemployed, looking for help paying your utility bills or where to access nutritious meals, you’ll find a comprehensive list of resources here.

How is this help made possible?

Thanks to generous donations, United Way runs a year-round eviction prevention program called Home Base.

The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically increased and shifted housing needs in Seattle and King County. In order to meet those needs, we are adapting the Home Base program to provide rental assistance to people in need. 

Thanks to all the funding partners who have made this help possible:

Are you looking to donate and make even more rental assistance available to people who need it?

Donate here or email info@uwkc.org to learn more about supporting it financially.