Volunteers Give More Than $218,000 To Community
Way to go, community! People from all over King County came out on their day off to give back in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Looking to do your part? Your next opportunity is to get engaged with theCommunity Resource Exchange. This is an event that brings the whole community together to provide services for people experiencing homelessness all in one place.
This Is What One Day Of Serious Impact Looks Like:
- 2,000+: Total MLK Day of Service volunteers
- 130: Total projects completed
- 23: Companies with volunteer teams, including several teams from sponsors Starbucks Coffee Company and Union Bank
- 8,185: Total number of volunteer hours
- $218,710: Total value of work
- Fun times had by so many volunteers!
We need your help to ensure we can give every guest a care package that’s full of hygiene essentials like shampoo, deodorant and dry socks. Run a supply drive at your workplace, in your building or with your friends. We’ve even made it easy for you and given you everything you need!
Like us on Facebook to hear more about why we hold the Community Resource Exchange every year, the impact it has on everyone involved and some of the success we’ve seen around ending homelessness.
in Volunteering, 02/18/2015