Roses are red, our donors stay true. Last year was great because of you.
Hope we’re not too forward when we tell you that you’re our Valentine. It’s true! We love you for the life-changing work your donation makes possible.
Don’t believe us? Here are the top 14 reasons why we’re feeling the love for you today.
- Volunteering for the Family Resource Exchanges from Auburn to Northgate and supporting our ending homelessness work! You helped more than 3,000 adults and children get housing, job services, food, mental health resources—even backpacks for back to school!
- Thanks to your gift, Robert was able to keep a roof overhead for him and his daughter while he was in between jobs. And the good work is spreading: Robert recently joined an outreach team to help others avoid homelessness!
- College kids should focus on studying, not on where they’ll sleep tonight or where their next meal will come from. Thanks to your support of Benefits Hubs on college campuses, 1,000 students (and counting) can concentrate on academics instead of survival.
- The Emerging Leaders program is bigger and better than ever! In the first five months of Emerging Leaders 365, we have more than 200 members donating a dollar a day to the cause. And in November, Emerging Leaders raised $20,000 at a special Chef’s Table at Bramling Cross!
- With your support, more than 1,000 people of color have graduated from Project LEAD, preparing them for nonprofit board service in order to achieve equity in our community leadership.
- Our Free Tax Preparation Program prepared 23,000 returns last year. Your support trains those volunteers so people save their hard-earned money, get the biggest return possible and avoid predatory tax scammers.
- Sorry (not sorry) for the pun, but Home Base is a home run. Your support to end homelessness—plus $8 million in seed money from the Seattle Mariners and Microsoft—means we’ll be able to stop unjust evictions. Keeping folks like Jodah in their homes is key to ending the crisis.
- Feeling the Seattle pride on this one. You helped raise $10.8 million to fight homelessness via Pearl Jam’s Home Shows! You donors are a perfect ten. Get it? You get it.
- You’ve supported the growth of the Reconnecting Youth program from 317 to 9,839 youth (like Marité) who are getting the support they need to get back on track.
- You made giving social. You dedicated your birthdays and more to Facebook fundraisers and we’re so thankful! Every bit helps. Just ask Jeff and Maggie, who turned a Facebook fundraiser into a $20,000 donation!
- Because of you, we can plan. Loyal donors allow us to think further ahead, make even smarter investments and make adjustments with enough time for our partners to adjust too.
- You made Night Out For Caring a smashing success! We raised more than $550,000 for the Parent-Child Home Program. That means hundreds of kids ready to start school on the same level as their peers.
- We served 1,000 of our neighbors who are experiencing homelessness at our annual Community Resource Exchange. Attendees received a hot meal, new shoes, connections to a plethora of services and much more. This year’s Resource Exchange will be March 13.
- You are you. We know there are many issues in Seattle, in King County, in Washington, in our nation and in our world today. We appreciate you taking the time and energy to care about our neighbors and generously support them by giving loyally to United Way.
You deserve all the love we can give. Together, we’re building a community where people have homes, students graduate and families are financially stable. Thank you!